Baby suprises at work & midwife appointment!

I could tell yesterday was no ordinary day when I arrived at work. One of my coworkers spotted me in the parking lot and immediately made a bee-line straight for me and followed me inside. I thought it was strange, but didn't say anything. Then as I walked in, everyone took turns stealing a glance at me as they all tried to pretend they were paying attention to their work. I awkwardly walked past everyone and half noticed a giant pink gift on one of the cafe tables, but really didn't think twice about it. As I passed I saw a Totoro drawing and got so excited. "That's for me!" I thought. I ran upstairs (as fast as a pregnant lady can run up stairs) to punch in and when I came down I had at least three people greet me right away. At this point I knew all eyes were on me and I was too embarrassed to approach the table with my gift!
I'm sure it took me almost a half an hour to walk over to the table. Everything was so cute! The cake that Sarah picked out looked amazing (and tastes even better than it looks!), Kerrie drew up a Ghibli picture which will soon have a place in baby's room, everyone in my department signed a card for me, and Rebecca purchased a gift on behalf of the team (they all pitched in for it). I didn't actually take a picture of the gift after I opened it but it's a Graco Pack 'n Play! Rebecca was especially excited when I let her know that I didn't already have one and the gift is definitely appreciated! I am so lucky to have such wonderful coworkers!!!! :)
I was totally craving chocolate cake just the night before so I was very excited when I saw the cake. The top layer is vanilla and the bottom is chocolate with chocolate chips. So delicious! (I literally just ate another piece!)

39 week appointment

(38 weeks, 6 days)
This week's appointment was unlike the last few weeks. No drama or surprises this time! Phew! Baby girl has a strong heartbeat and is sitting a little lower in my pelvis. Yay. Sundyna and I talked about the discomfort I've been having randomly and she was super excited about it. She basically said the more uncomfortable I am, the more things are happening that are getting my body and baby prepared for the birth. That is what I always think about when I get cramps or contractions. It is all in preparation for our first meeting and is so worth it! My next appointment with Sundyna is my 40 week appointment (39 weeks, 6 days). She is going to do a cervical exam to see where I'm at and do a membrane sweep as well. I will also have my last round of lab work done to get a final red blood cell count before delivery! She also suggested some cervical ripening and labor inducing techniques to try throughout the week to prepare for the membrane sweep so it will be most effective. I literally cannot wait!! I honestly hope baby stays all snuggly until next week. I really want her to come on Tuesday, but I know most babies aren't born on their due dates and I have a feeling that she will be arriving after her estimated due date. I'm actually scheduled at work until the 25th, so we'll see how far I make it!!

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top