Newborn survival items!

Liana is 5 weeks old today and about halfway through her "newborn" stage. I decided to choose and write about three baby items that have been absolute lifesavers over the past 5 weeks with her.


Graco Pack 'N Play's Portable Cuddle Cove

This is the item responsible for helping Liana sleep through the night without me. For weeks she would sleep only an hour or so by herself, but would sleep up to 5 hours with me. While I love spending the night with my little snuggle bug, it's really important to get her used to sleeping on her own. I think she likes the snugness and warmth of the Cuddle Cove, making her feel comfortable and safe. She now sleeps between 5 and 7 hours a night in this!


Moby wrap

This is one of the most convenient baby items we own. We started using this when Liana was around 2 weeks old and have tried several different carry positions with it. I love the fact that I can keep her close to me, but also allow me to do other things around the house or use it when we go out as well. It is extremely comfortable to wear, since it is basically a long piece of cloth that is tied around our bodies. We also have an Evenflo carrier that is great as well, but I love that the Moby wrap offers a lot of different carry positions.


Woombie

This is one way to get the perfect swaddle every time! Many babies love to be swaddled tightly because it reminds them of the coziness and safety of being in the womb. When Liana is having trouble going down for a nap during the day, sometimes the Woombie is just what she needs to calm down. We zip her up in this and put her in her Cuddle Cove during the day (we don't need to use it at night because she is a pretty good night sleeper). This is so much easier than trying to put her in a tight blanket swaddle that she's going to kick her way out of anyway!


There are definitely other items that we received as gifts that we use all the time and really appreciate, but these were the ones that stood out to me the most and make a difference almost daily. I think it'll be interesting to see how this list will change over time as Liana grows. :)


CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top