Happy (late!) Thanksgiving! & Gender Reveal

First off, I'd like to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving and hope that you all took a moment to think of the things that you are truly thankful for in your lives. There are so many things that bring me joy and smiles and laughter and excitement every single day and most of all, I am thankful to be living a healthy and happy life. I'm truly grateful for all of my family and wonderful friends who have stuck with me over the years. I'm thankful for my boyfriend and all the love he shows me every day, and for our little peanut in my belly. I love you all! ♥


Ashton and I went to my mom's for Thanksgiving, which was a lot of fun, but I wish Deasha could have been there for dinner too. Everyone was of course wondering about the news of our little one and waited as patiently as they could. I waited until after dinner (I'm surprised my mom could wait that long!) to share the news. Before the big reveal, I had my family play a little trivia game with questions that were all about the baby (which I actually only just thought up on one of my many pee breaks prior to dinner!). I came up with eight questions and gave out little treat bags of chocolate truffles as prizes for the person who got the question right first. It was fun to have everyone participate and to see who reads my blog, haha. Desiree got three questions right first and three bags of truffles, and I believe everyone else at the table ended with one bag of truffles. I was surprised my mom didn't dominate the game! Even my little cousin got a bag of truffles for saying "pickles!" before I got a chance to ask the last question, lol. Lastly I got a quick poll of who thought baby was a boy or a girl (2 votes boy -- even though mom lied about her vote, and the rest voted girl) and then Ashton and I went in the other room to get our surprise dessert. Ashton tied a pink ribbon around my tummy and we came back in carrying a platter of red velvet cupcakes with white frosting and pink sugar sprinkles!

gender reveal

If you're interested to see how you would have done in our trivia game, go ahead and quiz yourself! These are the questions that I used:

1. When is baby's due date?
2. Guess how big (in inches) my belly is?
3. In terms of development this week, is baby: developing taste buds, hearing voices, or forming memories?
4. What week did we first see the baby and hear the heartbeat?
5. What will most likely be baby's first holiday?
6. Guess how much weight I have gained so far?
7. What color band aid did I get after my lab work during my first OB appointment?
8. What was my first food craving that I just couldn't ignore?

Answers: 1) April 22nd, 2) 34 inches, 3) hearing voices, 4) week 12, 5) Easter, 6) 8 pounds, 7) pink, 8) bread & butter pickles


Lastly, as Deasha was leaving at the end of the night, she made it a point to say she doesn't like touching pregnant bellies and after chasing her around with my belly, we ended up hugging goodbye like this:

Haha, what a nice sister she is!!


CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top