15 week update!

baby bump



Sprout is the size of an apple this week!

How far along? 15 weeks
Total weight gain? Not a lot. Probably still around 2-3 pounds.
Belly size? Didn't get to measure today.
Stretch marks? None to report :)
Baby's sex? We will mostly likely find out at our 18 week ultrasound exam on Nov 20, or my next midwife appt Nov 25th. Either way, it's perfect timing for Thanksgiving!
Size of baby? Probably just over 4 inches. We won't get another measurement for 3 weeks.
Movement? I'm still waiting! :(
What is your baby doing? Her lungs and taste buds are developing, her legs are lengthening, she can move her joints and limbs, and she is sensitive to light!
What is your body doing? I think I am supposed to have gained 5lbs but my midwife said it is okay if I don't gain a ton of weight in the 1st trimester. Now that I am in my second I will probably start gaining more. I should also expect increased blood flow to my mucus membranes which will cause a stuffy nose or nose bleed. Not looking forward to that!
Belly button in or out? In, but getting wider? lol
Happy or moody most of the time? Yup, still both. Not so happy during my OB appt yesterday! Ugh.
Symptoms? Itchy legs, still waking up when I have to roll over in the middle of the night.
Maternity clothes? Not necessary.
Sleep? Not getting up to pee at all, but still wake up with pain while rolling over. And still trying to figure out how to not sleep on my back!
Food cravings? Oh, I so want cake all the time now! I'm so surprised I haven't had any yet. But to calm myself, I have decided that I want to make a cake when we found out the baby's sex. Just as a treat to us, lol.
Anything make you feel queasy or sick? Not until I had some slimy tofu last night. That definitely made me queasy!
Miss anything? I don't think so.
Looking forward to? My 18 week ultrasound exam. The doctor will measure the baby's head, abdomen and femur to confirm the age and growth, they check heart rate and rhythm for abnormalities, they observe the head, chest, abdomen, face, spine, arms, legs, hands and feet for proper functionality and development, they check the placenta, amniotic fluid, uterus and the surrounding areas for any problems, and lastly the doctor may be able to determine the baby's sex!! And this is a big maybe because it depends on how much baby is moving and if she's in the right position to take a quick peek.
Best moment this week? Just petting my tummy and talking to baby all week! I love her! :)

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top