My first Mother's Day!


Liana is three weeks old today. Between naps and spit-up and poop, it's been a pretty amazing three weeks!! It hasn't been long, but I know already that motherhood is such a blessing. Every little thing Liana does is exciting. I've watched her roll over on the floor already, hold her head up for a couple minutes until she gets too tired and then she gets wobbly, sitting up by just gripping my fingers in her tiny hands for support, and watching her eyes adjust as she tries grabbing for my necklace again and again (she got it twice in a row one day!).


I'm sure I'm the only one who has noticed how much she's grown already too. I look at her tiny hands and head and think "those were definitely smaller before!" I still stare at her face in amazement and wonder how she will grow into all of her features and what color her eyes will be (they are blue right now, but I think they are getting darker).


Being a mum has changed my life so much, and I love every aspect of it. Some people feel like they have to sacrifice a lot when becoming a parent, but I don't really feel that way. I've been allowed to be selfish and think of only myself for twenty-five years, and I feel like that was long enough. I'm so ready to give everything I have to take care of my little peanut. I want to do whatever it takes to be a great mother and watch Liana learn and grow. I loved being pregnant so much. I loved feeling her kick and tumble and hiccup. I loved poking my tummy and playing with the little mystery person inside. Every decision I made was with her in mind, and I know that will continue for the next eighteen years. There is nothing more beautiful than creating life and watching it grow into something wonderful. <3


Happy Mother's Day to all of you lovely women who have been blessed with a bundle of joy. Cherish each and every moment with your little ones! <3

CONVERSATION

1 comments:

  1. That was wonderful Danielle. You are so correct, being a Mother/Parent is a blessing and a joy. The best feeling ever. I truly LOVE it. <3 <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete

Back
to top