33 week update, & meals of the week!

Little Roo is now the size of a pineapple! Yum!

How far along? 33 weeks.
Total weight gain? 24 lbs.
Belly size? I will update this soon! My measuring tape is in the other room but I'm too lazy to get up right now, lol.
Stretch marks? No new ones.
Baby's sex? Girl!
Size of baby? Just over 4lbs!
Movement? Lots of hard punches and elbowing. It looks so cute from the outside!!
What is your baby doing? She is growing so fast! Finally losing her wrinkled alien look and plumping up a bit, while her skeleton hardens (not her skull though--these bones move and overlap so she can easily fit through the birth canal and will harden later on).
What is your body doing? Also growing super fast, haha. I have no trouble being at work since I am on my feet all day and I can stand and walk without difficulty. I also haven't had trouble sleeping, and laying down is usually pretty comfortable. HOWEVER, the in between is where the discomfort begins. It is not without difficulty that I can sit in comfort. Sitting to eat, sitting to watch a movie, sitting in the car, even sitting to pee! It's not terrible and could be much much worse, but I can tell baby is uncomfortable too because she starts kicking and throwing a tantrum whenever I've been sitting for too long. I also notice she kicks my bladder more and I have to get up to pee more often when I'm sitting--like every hour. But standing at work, 8 hours go by and I pee once or maybe twice and laying down to sleep, I go through those 8 hours usually without getting up to pee at all.
Belly button in or out? Surprisingly flat...
Happy or moody most of the time? So happy. :)
Symptoms? Braxton Hicks went away for a bit and I kind of forgot about them right up until today, when I had 2-3 contractions pretty close together at work. I'm so glad they are not painful though because I don't know how I'd tell anyone at work "hey I'm having a contraction right now" without them freaking out, lol!
Maternity clothes? Nothing new.
Sleep? Pretty normal. I don't think I've had any issues this week. No aching or waking up really at all, now that I think about it.
Food cravings? Pasta. Hence the lasagna and stuffed shell dinners I've made. Mmmm. But also chocolate, just like every other day of my life.
Anything make you feel queasy or sick? No.
Miss anything? Not pregnancy related, but living closer to family.
Looking forward to? Meeting my new midwife on Monday and moving into our new place next Saturday! Yayayayayay, so excited!!!!
Best moment this week? Officially signing the lease to our new place! Yay, Roo will have her own room after all!! :) I so cannot wait to move in and unpack and just be settled in. And after the baby shower (the 29th) we will be able to set up her room and decorate! So exciting!!!!
Another great moment was attending my breastfeeding class and putting my anxieties to rest; now I know I can do this!

My week in food! :)

I also decided to share some meals that I've made recently because they were all SO DELICIOUS!
Avocado, jalepeno, and mozzarella quesadillas with tomatillo salsa and sour cream.
(This was a sequel to some previously enjoyed pineapple and jalepeno quesadillas)
 
Cheesecake cookie dough bars with cocoa and peanut butter toppings.
 
Double cheese lasagna with pine nut topping (homemade cheeses and sauce!)
 
Pumpkin sage stuffed shells with cashew sage sauce (homemade cheese and filling).

I've decided that cooking is (mostly) keeping me busy from getting too antsy about moving and too anxious about giving birth in 7 weeks. Hopefully I will come across a few easy and satisfying meals that I won't be too tired to make when baby arrives. Ashton seems to be loving the homemade meals this week (and so is my wallet!), so my next meal to plan is Thursday..... any suggestions?

CONVERSATION

2 comments:

  1. Hunny I am so PROUD of you. I still get all teared up every time I read your blog. You should know by now you can DO ANYTHING YOU PUT YOUR MIND TO. NEVER have DOUBTS. I to wish we lived closer. I am so looking forward to the next 7 weeks going by quick, I usually don't wish my time away but in this case I am wishing it flies by. Lots of LOVE. Your meals look great. What are you making for the baby shower hahahhaha, just kidding. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those cheesecake cookie dough bars look amazing!!!
    By the way I nominated you for a Liebster Award if you want to participate:
    http://katedixon11.blogspot.ca/2014/03/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete

Back
to top